Conseils, astuces et histoires
In love with fashion and style, maar geen idee hoe je nu precies te werk moet gaan? Lees hier onze tips & tricks en verhalen van anderen!Get Inspired!
Récemment vusTips & tricks / 16624 Tips & tricks / 13737 Tips & tricks / 13410
Your data can be stored and processed by GENTS as a function of the execution of its activities and services.
2. Categories of data
The following categories of personal data can be processed by GENTS:
- Last name and first name
- Position and company
- Date of birth
- Domicile/address and place for delivery
- Account number
- Fixed and/or mobile phone
- E-mail address
- Activities on our website via log data, functional cookies and Google Analytics
3. Purposes and principles of the processings
In general, GENTS will only process personal data in the cases allowed by art. 6.1 GDPR, i.e.:
- If it is necessary for the execution of an agreement;
- In order to comply with a statutory or regulatory obligation;
- If it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject;
- If it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the company (e.g. prevention of fraud, internal administration, direct marketing, etc.);
In particular, GENTS processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- In order to enable GENTS to optimally carry out the services it undertakes to perform:
- In order to monitor performances
- In order to be able to contact the right people within the organisation when this is necessary
- General customer relations management and administration, e.g. dealing with requests for products and services;
- In order to contact you – if necessary – within the framework of the products or services that are provided by GENTS;
- Informing the press by sending press releases to press contacts;
- Improving the surfing experience on the website and analysing the visits to the website.
If necessary, your data will be used to deliver our services or products to you, and this on the basis of the agreement that was concluded with you on this. If press releases or newsletters are sent via the contact data turned over to us or made available from public sources, or new or temporary offers are made that relate to earlier delivered services or products, GENTS proceeds on the assumption that it is authorised to do so on the basis of a legitimate interest as defined in art. 6.1 (f) GDPR.
Within the framework of its statutory obligations, GENTS will pass on your data to the tax or other government authorities (VAT, etc.) if it is asked or obliged to do so.
Nevertheless, GENTS makes no use of automated decisions on the basis of the personal data that are processed.
4. Retention periods
GENTS will retain your personal data no longer than strictly necessary in order to achieve the purposes for which the data were collected. GENTS will thus retain your data as long as you make use of our services or until the works have been delivered that GENTS undertook to perform, as well as during a period of five years after the termination thereof with a view to the handling of any later services, complaints or queries coming from government authorities.
After this period, all personal data will be removed, with the exception of the following categories:
- After the above period, contact information (last name, first name, address and e-mail address) are kept for a period of 5 years in order to be able to make contact concerning any further services or information.
- Payments and invoicing data are kept for an additional period of 2 years in order to fulfil tax obligations. An additional period can be necessitated by legal obligations imposed on GENTS in this connection.
- Information that can be necessary with a view to furnishing evidence within the framework of disputes up to ten years after the termination of the contract or the dispute, if applicable.
5. Transfer and third parties
In principle, your data are processed entirely internally by GENTS (or its associated companies or legal successors), whereby it makes use as applicable of software from third parties. Your data are not sold to third parties. GENTS guarantees that each processing which is done by it or for it by a processor will take place in accordance with the applicable regulations.
GENTS does call upon certain parties in order to maintain an optimal provision of its services. This concerns e.g. the provision of services relating to the following elements:
- Internet environment (hosting website, CMS system website, etc.);
- IT infrastructure (Servers, CRM, mail service, etc.);
- Google Analytics;
- Accounting software
Given that these external parties can come into contact with personal data, GENTS undertakes to conclude the necessary processor agreements with such external parties in order to be able to ensure an adequate protection of personal data.
GENTS is sometimes also obliged to transfer your personal data to third parties. This is primarily the case if a law obliges us to do so, or if public authorities have the right to ask us for these data. In principle, your data will not be transferred to third countries (outside the European Union) nor to any international organisations.
Apart from the aforementioned receivers, no personal data are passed on to a third party without your advance approval.
On our website www.gents.be use is made of cookies or comparable technologies.
Log data. If you use gents.be, our servers automatically store information ("log data"), including information that your browser sends each time you visit a website. These log data can be e.g. your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, date and time of your request, how you use gents.be and cookie data.
Cookie data. "Cookies" (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit a website) and similar technologies can be used to store log data. On gents.be we only make use of functional cookies, in order to improve the functionalities of the website and to ensure that it functions properly (e.g. cookies for language preferences, etc.).
Statistical data. Statistical data are also collected to analyse and optimise the use of gents.be. Gents.be makes use of Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (´Google´).
7. Rights of the data subject
You have the right to inspect and correct the personal data that GENTS keeps on you. In addition, you can also request the removal of these data in the cases provided for by the law or revoke the approval that was given for a processing of your personal data (if the processing took place on the basis of consent). Depending on the data that may no longer be processed, this could have an impact on the services provided by GENTS.
If you contest the processing of data by GENTS, you can request that the processing be restricted until a solution has been found.
Finally you also have a right to transfer certain of your data if their processing is done via automated processes, and you can object (without being obliged to give any specific reasons) to the use of your personal data for direct marketing.
If you wish to exercise these rights, you can send an e-mail to the address email@example.com
In order to be able to verify the identity of the requesting party and to prevent an unauthorised person from getting access to personal data, a copy of the front side of your identity card or passport must be joined to the request.
If you believe that there is reason to do so, you can file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Data Protection Authority
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
8. Security of the data
GENTS constantly verifies the security of the personal data that are kept and processed within its organisation. As the controller, GENTS undertakes to take all necessary technical and organisational measures in order to prevent unauthorised persons from getting access to the personal data that were entrusted to it. It also strives to prevent the loss, destruction or unauthorised dissemination of these data.